- Branch DR. Anti-A and Anti-B: What are they and where do they come from? Transfusion 2015;55:Suppl 2:S74-S79
- Branch DR. Unravelling the IVIG mystique. Transfusion 53(2):242-244, 2013.
- Haspel R, Lin Y, Mallick R, Tinmouth AT, Cid J, Eichler H, Lozano MJ, van de Watering LM, Fisher PB, Ali A, Parks ER. Internal medicine residents’ knowledge of transfusion medicine: Results from the BEST-TEST international needs assessment. 2015 Jun 1;55(6):1355-61. Epub 2014 Dec 19. Impact Factor 3.217.
- Haspel R, Lin Y, Fisher P, Ali A, Parks E. Development of a validated exam to assess physician transfusion medicine knowledge. Transfusion. 2014 May 1;54(5):1225-30. Epub 2013 Sep 30. Impact Factor 3.3.
- Lin Y, Haspel RL. Transfusion medicine education for non-transfusion medicine physicians: a structured review. Vox Sanguinis 2017;112:97-104.
- Lin Y, Haspel RL, Mallick R, Tinmouth A, for the BEST-TEST Investigators. BEST-TEST2: Assessment of Hematology Trainee Knowledge of Transfusion Medicine. Transfusion. 2016 Feb;56(2):304-10. 2015 Sep 24.
- Lin Y, Cserti-Gazdewich C, Callum J. Evaluation of “Transfusion Camp,” a post-graduate transfusion medicine education program using the BEST-Test Knowledge Assessment Tool. Transfusion; August 2015; 55(8):2049-51.
- Morris S, Yudin MH, Callum J, Alam A, Lin Y. Knowledge gaps in Obstetrical Transfusion Medicine Knowledge among Faculty Obstetricians and Trainees. Transfusion Medicine 2016 Dec;26(6):440-447.
- Pendergrast J, Willie-Ramharack K, Riden, LS, Laroche V, Branch DR. The role of inflammation in intravenous immune globulin (IVIG)-mediated hemolysis. Transfusion 2015;55:Suppl 2:S65-S73.
- von Gunten S, Shoenfeld Y, Blank M, Branch DR, Vassilev T, Kaesermann F, Babyry J, Kaveri S, Simon HU. IVIG pluripotency and the concept of Fc-sialylation: challenges to the scientist. Nat Rev Immunol 14:349, 2014.
Book & Book Chapters
- Black L, Selby R, Brnjac E, Lin Y, James P, Moffat K, Sholzberg M. Bloodyeasy: Coagulation simplified.... Lin Y, Selby R, editor(s). (Canada); 2013. Ontario Regional Blood Coordinating Network.
- Callum JL, Lin Y, Pinkerton PH, Karkouti K, Pendergrast JM, Robitaille N, Tinmouth AT, Webert KE. Bloodyeasy 3: Blood transfusions, blood alternatives and transfusion reactions: a guide to transfusion medicine. 3rd ed. Ontario Regional Blood Coordinating Network; 2011.
- Callum JL, Lin Y, Pinkerton PH, Karkouti K, Pendergrast JM, Robitaille N, Tinmouth AT, Webert KE. Bloodyeasy 4: Blood transfusions, blood alternatives and transfusion reactions: a guide to transfusion medicine. 4th ed. Ontario Regional Blood Coordinating Network; 2017.
- Delaney M, Swennson A, Lieberman L. Perinatal Issues in Transfusion Practice. In: AABB Technical Manual- Chapter 22.2017. In Press.
- Lin Y, Callum J, Pinkerton P. Adverse Reactions. In: Clarke G, Charge S, editor(s). Clinical Guide To Transfusion. Online. Ottawa (Canada): Canadian Blood Services; 2011. Available from: http://www.transfusionmedicine.ca/resources/clinical-guide-transfusion.
- Lin Y, Pavenski K. Management of Bleeding in the Setting of Target-specific Oral Anticoagulants. In: Irwin Gross, Mary Lieb, editor(s). Case Studies in Patient Blood Management. Bethesda (United States): AABB; 2015.
- Pavenski K, Lin Y. Management of Bleeding in the Setting of Antiplatelet Drugs. In: Irwin Gross, Mary Lieb, editor(s). Case Studies in Patient Blood Management. Bethesda (United States): AABB; 2015.
- Chargé SB, Alam A, Callum J, Lee C, Cserti-Gazdewich C, Lau W, Lieberman L, Nixon P, Owens W, Pavenski K, Pendergrast J, Saidenberg E, Shehata N, Skeate R, Lin Y. Expanding the Reach of Transfusion Camp: a Novel Approach to Assessing and Addressing the Transfusion Medicine Knowledge Gap. Canadian Society of Transfusion Medicine (CSTM) Annual Meeting, Ottawa ON, Apr 20-23, 2017.
- Duncan J, Lima A, DiTomasso J, Cserti-Gazdewich C, McShane K, DeBiasio L, Syer K, Cober N, Harrison L, Heddle N. Ontario’s Transfusion Transmitted Injury Surveillance System: New Tools to Achieve Reducible Complexity in Adverse Transfusion Event Reporting. Canadian Society of Transfusion Medicine (CSTM) Annual Meeting, Ottawa ON, Apr 20-23, 2017.
- Shah A, Edmund I, Carvalho J, Charge S, Callum J, Lin Y, McKechnie S, Murphy M. Transfusion Camp: preliminary results of a UK pilot multidisciplinary postgraduate transfusion medicine education programme. 2017 Royal College of Anaesthetist’s Silver Jubilee Meeting. United Kingdom. January 19, 2017.
- Poost-Foroosh L, Contreras M, Grandy J, Pavenski K, Davis-Read Y, Alam F, Houston P, Campbell DM. Using in situ interdisciplinary simulation training to detect errors in perioperative blood transfusion administration: an exploratory study. Society in Europe for Simulation Applied to Medicine, Belfast, Ireland, June 24, 2015.
- 2017. Co-Investigator. Obstetrical transfusion medicine knowledge among trainee anesthesiologists: a prospective attitudes, needs and knowledge assessment. 2017-2018 Sunnybrook Education Advisory Council (SEAC) and Education Research Unit (ERU) Education Research and Scholarship Grant Competition. PI: Alam A. Collaborator(s) Lin Y. 9,302 CAD [Grants]
- 2016. Principal Investigator. Patient education initiative on diagnosis and treatment of preoperative anemia . Leaders Circle Recognition Award. Metro Toronto Convention Centre and Tourism Toronto. PI: Pavenski K. 25,000 CAD. [Grants]
- 2016. Principal Investigator. Podcast for ICTMG Fetal and Neonatal Alloimmune Thrombocytopenia (FNAIT) Guidelines. Canadian Blood Services, BloodTechNet Competition May 2016. PI: Lieberman L, Collaborators: Fung M, Ryan J Shehata N. 6,200 CAD [Grants]
- 2015. Principal Investigator. Obstetrical transfusion medicine knowledge assessment using a validated assessment tool. 2015 Sunnybrook Education Advisory Council and Education Research Unit. Education Research and Scholarship Grant. PI: Lin Y. Collaborator(s): Morris S, Yudin M, Callum J, Alam A. 5,836 CAD [Grants]
- 2015. Co-investigator. Optimizing Intra-operative massive transfusion: Probing for Forethought. Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (The). Medical Education Research Grant. PI: Contreras M, Ringsted C. Collaborator(s): Hayter M, Lorello G, Pavenski K, Rasmussen MB, Tolsgaard M, Burrows C, Pandey R. 38,597 CAD. [Grants]
- Callum J. 2014-2014. J.G. Scott Award of Excellence in Hematology Teaching, Hematology, Dept of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto.
- Callum J. 2012 – 2013. LMP Teaching Award in Graduate Education, Dept of Lab. Medicine & Pathobiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto.
- Cserti-Gazdewich C. 2016 May. Wightman-Berris Academy Individual Teaching Excellence Award, Undergraduate Education, University of Toronto
- Cserti-Gazdewich C. 2012 May. G. Scott Award of Excellence in Hematology Teaching, Hematology, Dept of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Division of Hematology/University of Toronto, Toronto
- Lin Y. 2015 April. Peters-Boyd Academy Teaching and Student Award, Faculty of Medicine, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Pendergrast J. 2009 May. G. Scott Award of Excellence in Hematology Teaching, Dept of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Division of Hematology/University of Toronto, Toronto
- Shehata N. 2016 May. G. Scott Award of Excellence in Hematology Teaching. Haematology, Dept of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Division of Hematology/University of Toronto, Toronto
- University of Toronto Transfusion Camp is currently running its 5 th year. Since 2012, there have been on average 50-80 trainees from the UofT who have participated in Transfusion Camp. In 2015-2016, Transfusion Camp expanded to include University of Ottawa as a pilot site. For the 2016-2017 academic year, 135 postgraduate trainees attended Day 1 of Transfusion camp: 53 at UofT, 9 at McMaster University, 4 at University of Ottawa, 12 at Queen’s University, 6 at Dalhousie University, 10 at University of Saskatchewan, 30 at University of British Columbia and 11 at Oxford University in the UK.
- University of Toronto Transfusion Medicine Training Program has trained at least one postgraduate trainee in the program each year in the past 5 years (Lieberman L, Alam A, Latour C, Lemay A, Yan M).
- Work by the UofT QUEST research program investigators have been topics of Journal Club in the National CBS Transfusion Medicine Physician Trainee Seminar on
- Lin Y, Saskin A, Wells RA, Lenis M, Mamedov A, Callum J, Buckstein R. Prophylactic RhCE and Kell antigen matching: impact on alloimmunization in transfusion-dependent patients with myelodysplastic syndromes. Vox Sanguinis 2017;112(1):79-86.
- Dhabangi A, Ainomugisha B,Cserti-Gazdewich C, Ddungu H, Kyeyune D, Musisi E, Opoka R, Stowell CP, Dzik WH. Effect of Transfusion of Red Blood Cells With Longer vs Shorter Storage Duration on Elevated Blood Lactate Levels in Children With Severe Anemia: The TOTAL Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA. 2015 Dec 15;314(23):2514-23.
- HolcombJB, Tilley BC, Baraniuk S, Fox EE, Wade CE, Podbielski JM, del Junco DJ, Brasel KJ, Bulger EM, Callcut RA, Cohen MJ, Cotton BA, Fabian TC, Inaba K, Kerby JD, Muskat P, O'Keeffe T, Rizoli S, Robinson BR, Scalea TM, Schreiber MA, Stein DM, Weinberg JA, Callum JL, Hess JR, Matijevic N, Miller CN, Pittet JF, Hoyt DB, Pearson GD, Leroux B, van Belle G; PROPPR Study Transfusion of plasma, platelets, and red blood cells in a 1:1:1 vs a 1:1:2 ratio and mortality in patients with severe trauma: the PROPPR randomized clinical trial. JAMA. 2015 Feb 3;313(5):471-82.