Quality in Utilization, Education and Safety in Transfusion
Our vision is to innovate, communicate and apply best transfusion practices in utilization, education and safety with the aim of informing the delivery of high quality transfusion care to Canadians.
Our research program consists of three clinical research themes:
1) Quality in Utilization: We aim to improve the appropriate use of blood products through the development and implementation of evidence-based transfusion care and patient blood management;
2) Education: We aim to develop and distribute innovative educational resources and clinical decision support tools to effect ideal transfusion practices; and
3) Safety: We aim to innovate and evaluate interventions to define the blood product selection and administration practices which best optimize patient safety and prevent adverse reactions
Vision, Mission & Values
Vision: International leadership in transfusion practice, education and safety
Mission: We innovate, communicate and apply best practices in transfusion utilization, education and safety to systematically inform the delivery of high quality transfusion care.
1) Excellence: We strive for excellence in the quality of our research
2) Integrity: We act with honesty and integrity
3) Collaboration: We look for opportunities to collaborate and work together both within our research program and with national and international partners
4) Continuous improvement: We innovate, learn and improve.